Computer Basics: Short Course
An introduction to the basic skills required in using word processors, spreadsheets and presentation software.
Our Short Course in Computer Basics will provide students with an introduction to the key Computer Basics that will be required in their studies. Students will learn basic skills in using word processors, spreadsheets and presentation software.
The module will focus on the Microsoft Office suite, with reference being made to Microsoft Office 2010 software throughout. However, the module has been specifically designed to allow the relevant skills to be taught regardless of the software version being used. All material can be adapted to other versions of Microsoft Office (such as the 2007 version) and also other word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software package; students should not be disadvantaged through the use of any particular version.
As a minimum, participants should have demonstrably previously studied in English at secondary school level.
- An Introduction to Word Processing
- Editing and Formatting Word Processed Documents Part 1
- Finding and Using Information from the Internet
- Editing and Formatting Word Processed Documents Part 2
- An Introduction to Spreadsheets
- Spreadsheet Formulae and Functions
- Formatting Spreadsheets
- Creating Graphs from a Spreadsheet
- An Introduction to Presentation Software
- Producing a Multimedia Presentation